‘Unleashing your sales potential’ could remain a great slogan, or it could be your reality. If you’re serious about sales success, and would like to make it your reality, take some time to ask yourself 10 key questions. The answers to these questions will provide greater awareness of where you stand today, reveal internal and external barriers that limit your success, and show you where to focus your efforts to unleash your sales success. If you manage a team, think about these questions in the context of the individuals on your team, as well as yourself. Keep in mind, this is your life, your goals, your potential, so be honest.
- Do you believe that you can improve sales next quarter? What about next year?
- When you answer the above question, did you think about problems or issues that hold you back, or reasons for failure?
- Do you doubt yourself?
- Do you think others have concerns about your abilities?
- Do you think that other people on your team can improve their sales results? Do you believe in their success and in your company success?
- Can you excel and improve sales despite those doubts, issues and problems?
- How do you plan to overcome these challenges and accomplish your goals?
- Can you identify and prioritize the specific areas that you need to improve upon, in order to reach your goals? (e.g., knowledge gaps, lack of skills, wrong attitudes, toxic culture, outdated sales tools, ineffective work processes)
- Can you choose sales success as your reality, and work daily on the specific areas that require improvements?
- Can you focus on your plan without stressing about the outcome?
If you answer these questions with integrity, you should know if you are a great supporter of your cause – your success. Bear in mind, that believing in your success is a necessary first step, but without a plan and a daily focused effort, you won’t get there. If you need help identifying gaps and removing barriers to your sales potential, we’re here to set you on the right track.